Responsible for managing all aspects of all Company physical plants including buildings, grounds, furnishings, and office equipment. Coordinate the construction of new facilities.
- Bachelors Degree is preferable but may be substituted by significant work experience.
- Five or more years of facilities management and supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of the various components and responsibilities of physically operating office buildings and grounds in multiple locations.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes.
- Construction project management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of software programs including spreadsheets and MS Office.
- Valid drivers' license and automobile insurance.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal skills and professional attitude.
- Possess good analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Joint Commission EOC standards and AHCA life safety standards
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
Leadership Success Factors:
- Express thoughts and ideas clearly. Adapt communication style to fit audience.
- Originate action to achieve goals.
- Management Identification. Identify with and accept the problems and responsibilities of management.
- Make realistic decisions based on logical assumptions, factual information and in consideration of organizational resources.
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling. Establish course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; plan proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources. Monitor results.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding others.
- Model highest standards of conduct and ethical behavior, adopting a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Regulatory Compliance: Educate and monitor staff regarding their own and the organization's responsibilities for regulatory compliance.
- Overall planning, direction, and coordination of facility operations
- Direct construction of new facilities. Works directly with contractors and architects. Serves as owner’s representative.
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, coaching, counseling and developing Maintenance staff.
- Develop and implement facilities “on-call” system, utilizing maintenance staff.
- Oversee and authorize all interior office designs.
- Develop and implement space allocation plan for all facilities.
- Develop timely plans for selection and purchase of new and replacement office furniture, carpeting, wall coverings, etc., assuring cost effective selection and acquisition of reliable, functional office furnishings.
- Develop timely plans for selection and purchase of new and replacement office equipment, assuring cost effective selection and acquisition of reliable office equipment.
- Approve security plans and the purchase and placement of security systems and equipment.
- Develop and oversee planned maintenance program for all facilities components including building structures, grounds, furnishings, office equipment, electrical, plumbing, and security.
- Negotiate and manage all vendor relationships related to facilities.
- Responsible for organizing, developing and maintaining facility disaster plan, assigning staff responsibilities, and responsible for disaster preparedness of the buildings and grounds.
- Participate in safety and security related committees, teams, and decisions. Attend Emergency Operations Center meetings on a routine basis.
- Evaluates and negotiates contracts related to maintenance and building functions.
- Manages leasing agreements for Company facilities.
- Develops and controls the annual budget for Facilities.
- Develop and maintain a facility master plan for corporate and all affiliates.
- Act as a liaison to DME program for Vice President
- Performs other duties as required by the VP, Support Services and Business Development