As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
Provides clinical and programmatic oversight for the Social Services, Bereavement, and Volunteer programs, inclusive of the Program for Grieving Children and the Transitions Program. Responsible for ensuring the professional practice and development of all disciplines in areas of oversight. Ensures education, staff development, competencies, performance improvement and outcome measures and regulatory compliance in areas of oversight.
- Masters degree in Social Work (CSWE accredited).
- Florida LCSW required.
- Three years of management experience in a health care setting required.
- Experience in children, family, and group modalities
- Experience and theoretical basis in family systems.
- Previous volunteer experience preferred.
- Able to remain calm and professional and trouble shoot/handle children/family or staff crisis situations.
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per Company policy.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to work unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and use critical thinking skills to bring about timely outcomes.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Attend/conduct staff and department meetings, in-service training, and continuing education as directed by the CCO and collaboratively with the CDD.
- Oversight of BSW and Resource Associate supervision process.
- Develop and maintain required bereavement database, records and files, in a manner reflecting timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and legibility.
- Maintain and enhance programs that complement bereavement standards including groups, camps, and other special events and programs for areas of oversight.
- Participate in hospice committees as assigned.
- Serve as an expert resource to staff to assist with complex and/or difficult issues in areas of oversight.
- Maintain and oversee competency program for all disciplines in areas of oversight.
- Respond to emergencies as the Social Services/Bereavement expert (i.e. neglect, suicide, other potential risks)
- Assist with programmatic planning and policy formulation and implementation.
- Participate in the development of the strategic direction of area of oversight and communicate it to staff and volunteers.
- Develop and monitor the Performance Improvement (PI) plan, provide regular reports to the Chief Clinical Officer.
- Budget development and fiscal accountability for areas of oversight.
- Maintain financial reports and control budget activity
- Ensure understanding and adherence to standards of practice and relevant policies and procedures for areas of oversight.
- Enhance professional expertise.
- Participate in appropriate professional/specialty organizations.
- Demonstrate creative critical thinking in problem solving client, staff and volunteer issues. Other
- Work closely with Development Department to support opportunities for funding and community events participation
- Work collaboratively with necessary corporate departments (i.e., facilities, etc) in order to ensure safety of the physical environment of the program.
- Work collaboratively with Information Technology (IT) department regarding maintenance of a database system that supports the program.
- Incorporate behaviors supportive of internal mission statement.
- Promote the hospice concept in the community by participating in the development of educational materials and offerings for both the public and medical community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works within Company's Scope of Service