As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey.
From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
The Resource Associate (RA) has responsibility for developing, monitoring, and coordinating resources and discharge planning activities for patients and families in response to needs identified by the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG). The RA will assist the Social Services Specialist (SSS) with assigned tasks and patient visits to serve the psychosocial needs of patients and families for HPC Healthcare, Inc. (HPC).
- Bachelor's degree or above in Social Work (CSWE accredited).
- Strong demonstrated capabilities in networking with community resources, and strong knowledge of such resources.
- Strong communication skills, including face-to-face, telephone, and computer skills.
- Strength in attention to detail and organization.
- Must be able to interact successfully with patients, families and other agencies to present a positive and professional image.
- Bi-lingual preferred.*
- Previous experience in health care and/or social services setting preferred.
- Ability to travel in community.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Coordinate with SSS, to access internal and external resources related to patient status changes, discharge planning and case management activities.
- Initiate and monitor status and assure timely completion of financial paperwork necessary to execute patient status changes and discharge planning activities.
- Maintain updated Community Resource Manuals.
- Facilitate nursing home placements for hospice patients from home to nursing homes.
- Participate in networking with other community agencies to maintain an active knowledge of community resources.
- Match patient/family needs with available resources, as appropriate.
- Oversee Special Needs Fund Program.
- Visit patients and families to discuss care needs.
- Function as a resource and attend IDG to enhance community referral process for patients and families.
- Assist with Case Management of patient/families as appropriate (i.e. financial forms, resources).
- Field all resource telephone calls, evaluate for appropriateness, follow through with referrals (may require home visits).
- Oversee the coordination of special community resource needs for patients and survivors (i.e., holiday donations, etc.).
- Coordinate requests/delivery of items to be used for patients from company thrift stores.
- Follow through with case management interventions necessary for resolving issues and supporting Plan of Care: i.e., identifying community resources needed, planning hospital discharge with hospital-based social services staff and nursing home placements.
- Collaborate with SSS to coordinate services and nursing home placements.
- Facilitate completion of paperwork as necessary for Medicaid patients.
- Visit patient/families as necessary to evaluate appropriateness of placement and financial resource.
- Develop and update an information system for community resources.
- Network/market with Nursing Homes/ALF's to facilitate admissions.
- Participate in all new and existing social services programs.
- Actively advocate for ancillary services for those patients/families with limited resources.
- Actively participate in community based agencies to further inter-agency collaboration.
- Liaison with Bereavement Programs to support resources and services for survivors.
- Perform consent for care portion of admissions process as necessary.
- Participate in hospice committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties that may be requested by the Social Services Manager/Social Services Coordinator.
- Make patient visits in support of the Plan of Care as directed by SSS.
- Attend IDG as directed by SSS.
- Work within HPC Scope of Service