As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
Role:Responsible to collect, aggregate and analyze data for the Compliance Officer and department. Interprets data and analyzes statistical significance of findings and reports findings to the Compliance Officer, Quality and/or Clinical Administrator. Tracks action plans related to performance improvement, customer service results and external benchmarks.
- Monitors data collection process to ensure objectivity of the results.
- Continuously reviews the data collected to avoid duplication.
- Interprets data and analyzes results for validity and significance; utilizes appropriate statistical tools and draws relevant conclusions on effectiveness of improvement.
- Assists departments in obtaining and developing benchmarking data.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports as requested.
- Participate in QAPI committees and Compliance Committee.
- Monitors patient/family and other customer satisfaction data; develops tools for monitoring patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with clinical and administrative leadership and staff to prioritize improvement areas, and develop and monitor implementation and evaluation plans.
- Manage security for Deyta and Policy Tech systems corporate-wide.
- Assures the accurate and timely collection of data related to risk occurrences and falls in order to produce trend analysis reporting for the Corporation and its' subsidiaries.
- Re-examines the data elements collected to ensure the data is appropriate and accounts for the information needed to make strategic decisions.
- Provides data externally to enable benchmarking with other Hospices.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of requests from Fiscal Intermediary and other Third Party payors.
- Prepares and files external/annual reports requested by regulatory/benchmarking agencies (NHPCO, DOEA, FHPC, AHCA).
- Participates in the regulatory and accrediting surveys and audits.
- Performs a wide range of tasks to help drive overall delivery of projects for the organization.
- Help manage document management and storage of electronic data for the Compliance Department.
- Participate in user testing and documentation as needed.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the department.
- Maintains positive inter and intradepartmental relationships.
- Participates in research related to the data of quality and compliance.
- Coordinates and provides orientation and education to staff at all levels relating to data collection and analysis.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to Compliance.
- Participate on task forces and committees as assigned.
- Performs special projects as requested by Compliance Officer and/or Clinical Administrator.
- Reviews and researches materials for compliance activities.
- Track and trend patient accounting write-off adjustments.