The Home Health Director is responsible for overseeing the Home Health Group’s daily operations, developing and growing its business, strategic planning, budgeting activities, and overall performance outcomes. The Director has broad operating authority over all aspects of the Program including: admissions, medical and clinical services, employee relations, and business affairs within the limitations of Corporate policies, procedures and standards. S/he represents the Program in the community and internally. Acts as Administrator of record for ACHA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or health care administration; or 8 or more years of director level leadership experience in home health may be considered as substitution for degree
- RN license in the State of Florida preferred
- 5 years’ supervisory experience in home health
- Capacity for mature business decisions and judgments
- Knowledge of and experience with government reimbursement programs
- Knowledge of and experience with laws and regulations pertinent to the Program’s business
- Team orientation
- Active memberships in professional, community and civic organizations
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills including public speaking and presentations
- Intermittent Driver - Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Satisfactorily completes competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.Leadership Factors:
- Communication: Express thoughts and ideas clearly, adapt style to fit audience
- Initiative: Originate action to achieve goals
- Management Identification: Identify and accept problems and responsibilities of company leadership
- Judgment: Make realistic decision in consideration of organizational resources
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling: Establish course of action for self and others to accomplish specific
- goals; plan proper assignments of personnel and allocation of resources; monitor results
- Leadership: Use appropriate interpersonal approaches in guiding others toward task completion
- Work Standards: Set and strive for high goals and standards of performance; compel others to perform
- Tolerance for Stress: Maintain stability of performance under pressure or opposition
- Innovativeness: Generate, recognize, and encourage imaginative, creative solutions
- Delegation: Allocate decision making and other responsibilities effectively and appropriately
- Staff Development: Develop skills and competencies of subordinates
- Organizational Sensitivity: Perceive and consider impact of decisions on all components of the organization
- Ethics: Model highest standards of conduct, ethical behavior and decision-making; adopt strong position against fraud and abuse
- Regulatory Compliance: Educate and monitor staff regarding their own and the organization’s compliance responsibilities
- Accountable for the viability of the Program.
Admissions Development and Contract Management
- Provides for the implementation phase of contracts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key officials of contracted service providers and facilities such as hospitals, NHs, ALFs, and managed care organizations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with referral sources including, but not limited to, physicians, hospitals, ALFs and SNFs.
- Oversees complaint resolution process to ensure smooth operation of contracts and ongoing referrals.
- Accountable for Program meeting care rate per strategic initiatives.
- Ensures an effective management team is in place to achieve strategic initiatives and operational goals.
- Promotes a positive internal climate based on the Organization’s values.
- Establishes effective methods to work cooperatively with Corporate positions that support the Program’s strategic initiatives and operational goals.
- Promotes Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) objectives of the Program to create an overall culture in which quality is essential.
- Establishes and maintains positive public relations with community, business and political leaders, and other key individuals.
- Collaborates with Corporate Communications department to participate with and respond to media opportunities.
- Collaborates with Corporate Development department on fundraising opportunities.
- Ensures the handling and resolution of complaints from clients, participants, patients, families, and the public.
- Maintains compliance with all policies, procedures, practices and standards to ensure the Program passes any and all inspections, surveys and reviews regarding licensing and certification, such as those for CMS, AHCA and the Joint Commission.
- Ensures compliance with all administrative policies, procedures, practices and standards related to employee performance as well as employment laws and regulations issued and overseen by governmental agencies such as OSHA, EEOC, and the Department of Labor.
- Ensures compliance with all other applicable regulations, statutes and parent Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates personal leadership and ethical business practices.General
- Ensures a safe, efficient, adequate work environment for employees and volunteers, including maintained buildings, disaster planning, properly functioning equipment, supplies availability, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.