As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
The Maintenance Specialist position is responsible for the overall maintenance of all of Company properties and facilities.
- High School Diploma/GED or Trade School training; experience may be considered as a substitute for education
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in general maintenance and/or maintenance/repair of equipment
- Able to read electrical schematics and an advanced knowledge of:
- Electrical circuitry and basic electronic principles
- Knowledge of the NEC and its requirements as it relates to the Company and its facilities
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures in dealing with high voltage circuitry
- Planning the execution of new or improved electrical service to minimize the financial and environmental impact on the Company and its Staff
- Able to read and interpret plumbing schematics and knowledgeable in:
- State and local building codes as they relate to plumbing requirements and safety
- Ability to properly sweat or cement pipe joints
- Knowledge and ability to operate manual or power snake apparatus to clear pipes
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work with moderate to no supervision, exercising a strong degree of discretion and independent judgment to effectively keep facilities running efficiently
- Knowledge of basic safety concerning OSHA and NFPA (National Fire Protection Association; national building code and life safety standards)
- Company Drive - Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Ability to travel to off-site locations and transport equipment or supplies using personal vehicle or truck
- Well-developed communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Must be available for on call duty (nights, weekends and holidays) to handle and/or oversee emergencies related to the buildings under his/her charge
- Must remain accessible by phone or make clear and definite arrangements for emergency coverageCompetencies:
- Satisfactorily complete all competency requirements for this position.Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Oversee and maintain building and repairs as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Oversee contractors for HVAC and other disciplines as directed, and oversee the bid process on major repairs or purchases.
- Oversee the maintenance of the fire prevention and suppression equipment ensuing compliance with all Regulatory Agencies.
- Submit purchase orders and initiate related Capital Expenditure Requests for approval, as directed.
- Monitor and maintain HVAC systems to ensure proper service requirements are maintained.
- Responsible for proper HVAC service and performance requirements of Joint Commission and AHCA in patient care facilities.
- Act as the Company’s consultant and advisor to gain the best purchased value of contractor service.
- Specify and recommend service agreements and service frequencies according to accepted parameters for all Regulatory Agencies including OSHA.
- Maintain adequate, lean spare parts inventory and maintain a clean and safe shop and storage area.
- Assist in routine Facility Department duties as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.