The Sr. Network Engineer is Responsible for the maintenance, development, and security of the computer information systems infrastructure for the Organization and its affiliates. Includes responsibilities for system utilization, system monitoring, implementations and upgrades. Provides technical support for computer systems on an agency wide basis, and serves as a 2nd level of support to the Network Analyst.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferable but may be substituted by work experience.
- Prefer one or more of the following Industry Certifications MCP, MCSA, CCNA, CCENT, VCA, or VCP
- Minimum of five years of experience in a networked computer environment, preferably in health care.
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance as per policy.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Based Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Services including user, resource, and Group Policy management.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, File Server, Remote Desktop Services, and Citrix Xenapp
- Strong knowledge of Email Systems, Microsoft Exchange
- Strong knowledge of Backup applications and technologies
- Strong knowledge of Application maintenance in a thin client environment.
- Knowledge storage networking; e.g. SAN, NAS, fiber channel, iSCSI.
- Knowledge of network protocols; e.g. TCP/UDP, ICMP, ARP, and routing protocols.
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-level switches, routers, wireless controllers and access points.
- Experience with Virtualized environments; VMware,Hyper-V
- Experience with Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop
- Experience with Firewall and Load Balancing systems
- Experience with project and change management practices.
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server Systems
- Analytical, organized and able to effectively manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgement.
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Responsible for all aspects of day to day server administration including tier two support for applications running under Remote Desktop Services and Citrix Xenapp.
- Serve as an escalation point for the Network Analyst, provides documented resolutions to identified issues.
- Builds, installs, and maintains servers based on organizational and vendor requirements.
- Analyzes network and provides recommendations to improve network functionality, stability, and efficiency
- Performs Application upgrades for Remote Desktop Services and Citrix Xenapp Farms.
- Interfaces with vendors, auditors, and Information Security members to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network activities.
- Ensures data integrity and appropriate access controls/security are in place
- Maintains complete and accurate system documentation and documents infrastructure procedures for internal support.
- Monitors capacity and performance utilization, and other CIT systems related maintenance/improvements.
- Ensures daily system backups process, validates the ability of system restores
- Troubleshoots documents and resolves issues related to all Server and Network Devices.
- Responsible for testing, debugging and deployment of operating system patches or upgrades to current systems.
- Addresses software and hardware problems in a timely manner to ensure minimal down time and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Monitors and maintains cost effective hardware and software support.
- Prioritize workload to ensure service and project delivery targets are achieved.
- Participate in after hour and weekend on-call duties for support.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.