The Department Secretary is responsible for providing administrative secretarial and special project assistance. S/he effectively manages and prioritizes multiple assignments simultaneously under minimal supervision while completing assignments accurately and timely. S/he effectively communicates with staff, vendors, and other external organizations. S/he exercises sound judgment and a high degree of discretion and maintains the confidentiality of patients/families, colleagues, applicants, sensitive situations arising within the Organization.
- High School Diploma; two (2) years’ college or business school or equivalent work experience and strong writing skills preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of administrative secretarial support experience, preferably at an executive level
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented; able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under minimal direction, completing assignments accurately and timely
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills; ability to interact professionally with internal and external constituents; exercise mature judgment; maintain flexibility and courteous demeanor in stressful situations
- Dependable and able to work a flexible schedule, as neededCompetencies:
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position
Responsibilities of all staff:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety, and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental, and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.Job Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative secretarial support within the office.
- Demonstrate initiative, and effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under minimal direction, completing assignments accurately and timely.
- Assist in coordination, scheduling and set-up for meetings, seminars, conferences, and reservations.
- Assist with the Organization’s special events.
- Assist in preparing and processing spreadsheets and graphics to compile and tabulate data using multiple software programs.
- Assist with scheduling of the meeting rooms and set up/maintain inventory of supplies to ensure they are adequately stocked.
- Monitor, order, stock and maintain appropriate inventory of office supplies including, but not limited to, copiers, fax machines and printers for the department.
- Assist in maintaining office files.
- Manage mailings, duplication and dissemination of information.
- Assist with purchase orders, invoices for payment.
- Interact professionally with internal and external constituents; exercise mature judgment; maintain flexibility and courteous demeanor in stressful situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.