Role: Responsible for coordination and oversight of Medical Staff patient scheduling. Schedules patient visits: FTFE (Face to Face) visits, home visits, ALF and, SNF visits. Works closely with Affiliate Medical Directors, clinical staff, and Medical Services support staff, ensuring Medical Staff scheduling is performed timely and visit guidelines are met. Ensures HIPPA and Joint Commission compliance, and COP are met in accordance with CMS guidelines as it pertains to Face to Face benefit period visit requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent with some college preferred. Work experience may be substituted for college.
- Prior experience in healthcare field required
- Prior experience in a contact center environment and/or staff scheduling and/or clinical patient care experience strongly preferred
- Able to perform sedentary work with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills required with ability to prioritize demands, meet client service standards and deadlines.
- Effectively handles stressful situations professionally and calmly.
- Ability to demonstrate client service skills and communications effectiveness
- Information seeking / probing skills
- Accurate knowledge transfer
- Listening, understanding and responding
- Able to multi-task (think, talk, type) in a fast paced environment, utilizing interpersonal skills to maximize caller reassurance.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency in daily work activities
- Works under moderate supervision, exercising some degree of discretion & independent judgment
- Skilled in computer operations. Proficiency in MS Office software applications, on-line research and proven data entry and navigation skills.
- Available to work shifts to accommodate extended hours of operation as scheduled.
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Schedules Medical Staff to provide hospice patient FTFE (Face to Face) visits, home visits, ALF and SNF visits.
- Follows Medical Staff Scheduling matrix as it pertains to:
- Attending assignment
- Team and demographic assignment
- Affiliate monthly On call roster
- Visit volume IP, Out Patient, New, Follow up.
- Handles scheduling, including but not limited to:
- FTFE (Face to Face) visits – certification due date
- New Patient visits within 14 days of admission
- Hospice patients discharged from In Patient facility within 7 days of transfer.
- Continuous care patients
- Visit, based on medical necessity of visit.
Enters and schedules intoscheduling software timely and accurately.
- Ensuring medical staff FTFE evaluation as required by COP per CMS guidelines.
- Coordinates acute care visits with clinical and medical support staff.
- Devotedly monitors and processes FTFE and Follow up Visit Scheduler Report daily to ensure all patients are seen in a timely manner.
- Tracks missed visits and reschedules accordingly.
- Works closely with Medical Services support staff ensuring Medical Staff schedules are updated as it pertains to PTO, On Call Status, Hospice House, and IDG Team coverage.
- Troubleshoots issues with FTFE and Follow up Visit Scheduler Crystal report with IT, ensures accurate data capture.
- Compiles daily scheduler matrix indicating current and next week appointment data.
- Confirms patient visits 24 hours prior to appointment by call the patient.
- Maintains positive relationships with staff.
Escalates to the Manager any Medical Staff scheduling delays.
- Provides feedback to Affiliate Medical Directors as needed as it pertains to Medical Staff adherence to scheduling.
- Provides statistical data to Management Team regarding Medical Staff productivity and visit volumes.
- Attend scheduled meetings and participates in committees, as assigned.
- Attend educational offerings as indicated.
Provides back up coverage for Medical Services Credentialing and Palliative Care.
- Performs other job duties as requested