Under RN Supervision, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Home Health Aide (HHA) assists with activities of daily living and performs personal care services to patients in a their home or health care facility. Light housekeeping and laundry related to patient care are provided as needed.
- Current Florida certificate as CNA
- Mobile Driver - Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Reliable transportation to meet work schedule
- Minimum one (1) year CNA or home health aide experience
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) in English
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to physically access any home or facility in assigned area (i.e., navigate stairs, and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air conditioning).
- Must be able/willing to have contact with individuals with communicable diseases
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all state, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Provide patient/caregiver services according to the Plan of Care and Company policies and procedures.
- Assist participant and/or caregiver in maintaining a clean and safe home.
- Transport supplies and other items as requested by the director/designee.
- Provide emotional support for patients/caregivers.
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to moving, positioning and transferring patients.
- Document care and submit documentation per Company policy and procedures.
- Perform routine aide tasks as outlined in the Plan of Care written by RN.
- Assist with self-administered medications if required training is completed.
- Immediately report to the director/designee changes in patient/caregiver needs.
- Complete training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.