Responsible for the supporting the administrative and management functions for the Medical Services Corporate Medical Director, Palliative Care Medical Director, and Medical Services Practice Manager. Works independently, exercising sound judgment and a high degree of discretion.
- College degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience in administrative support and office management preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills required.
- Expert working knowledge of a variety of software including word processing, spreadsheet calculation, and presentation programs.
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work independently, exercising a high degree of discretion and sound judgment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to interact with staff, physicians, and the general public with empathy, sincerity, and a sense of caring.
- Ability to maintain stability of performance under pressure.
- Willingness and ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) preferred.
- Valid driver's license and car insurance.
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support the company's research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Collects and aggregates data; utilizes appropriate statistical tools and reporting format for decision support.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports.
- Completes and submits monthly administrative timesheets by Chapters Health Palliative Care clinician.
- Continuously reviews the data collected to avoid duplication.
- Re-examines the data elements collected to ensure the data is appropriate and accounts for the information needed to make decisions.
- Responsible for Chapters Health Palliative Care, LLC incoming phone calls, inclusive of consultation requests from Hospitals, SNF, ALFs, self-referrals.
- Responsible for scheduling Chapters Health Palliative Care medical and other clinical staff for patient/clinic visits in all settings.
- Responsible for out-patient Pediatric and Adult clinic operations, works as on-site patient facilitator, supports medical staff.
- Collaborate with HIM on maintaining Chapters Health Palliative Care patient records for those seen in clinics and other facilities.
- Works cohesively with HIM Technician ensuring Hospital Medical Records are obtained timely and uploaded in to Practice Management System, completes Patient registration, and creates referrals for insurance verification and authorizations.
- Considered a Team Lead in Office operations pertaining to phone calls, medical record capture, clinic operations, practice management work flows, working closely with the Medical Services Practice Manager ensuring practice guidelines are met.
- Provides coverage to Medical Services Centralized Scheduling and Credentialing.
- Anticipates the needs of and provide administrative support to the Medical Services Corporate Medical Director, Chapters Health Palliative Care Direction, and Medical Services Practice Manager.
- Provides administrative support for Palliative Care Medical Director and Chapters Health Medical Director.
- Prepares meeting minutes as directed.
- Composes and distributes other correspondence, announcements and memoranda as needed.
- Functions as the liaison with administrators, managers, and all others to facilitate a variety of activities, actions and projects.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a medical record process that allows Chapters health Palliative Care to maintain its own patient records within the organization.
- Provides general administrative and medical assistant support at Chapters Palliative Care outpatient clinics, including checking in patients, collecting and posting co-payments, performing basic vital signs, and reviewing instructions with patients.
- Provides administrative support for Chapters Health Palliative Care, LLC, including but not limited to coordination of Medical Director's calendar, Medical Staff scheduling, meetings, and records, transcribes and files meeting minutes as well as processes referrals/admissions into database.
- Orders, maintains, and distributes all office supplies for the Medical Services Department ensuring budget requirements are not exceeded.
- Processes invoices and expense reports, assigning correct budget accounts for the various expenses.
- Screens incoming phone calls for Medical Staff Personnel.
- Plans, schedules, and carries out special projects from Medical Staff Services Personnel.
- Composes edits and/or reviews PowerPoint presentations to include multiple graphic materials utilizing a variety of resources.
- Performs numerous, varied administrative duties requiring depth of insight, awareness, and sensitivity. Exercises discretion, sound judgment and timely action.
- Shares expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Pursues own professional growth to include attending in-services and annual education update.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by Manager.