As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape. We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
Provide support to the Development Department in the areas of database management, daily cash deposit, word processing, special events, and customer service.
- MinimumHigh School Diploma, 2 year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Three years of general office experience.
- Computer experience - knowledge of working with a database (preferably BlackBaud), word processing and spreadsheet programs; experience working in a Windows-based environment.
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance.*
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.*
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally and tactfully with donors and prospects.
- Highly organized, ability to effectively manage many tasks simultaneously, and detail oriented.
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees: weight 5%
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
Database: weight 50%
- Research patient/family information in HPMS and Suncoast Solutions.
- Enter donor, honor/memorial and acknowledge information, keeping constituent records updated.
- Enter Development gifts and apply to the correct funds to insure a timely, accurate response.
- Maintain all coding and accounting funds within fund raising database.
- Manage database to produce letters, exports, reports, etc.
- Monitor that policies and procedures are followed for gift processing and data entry.
Word Processing: weight = 25%
- Merge data files from Development database into word processor.
- Manage gift acknowledgment process: create, merge and mail acknowledgment letters; send gift receipts and correspondence for donations and memorials as needed.
- Prepare and send thank-you letters to families who list the Company in newspaper obituary listings.
Other: weight = 20%
- Accurately process daily agency deposits, balance to receipts log, and deliver all receipts to accounting.
- Provide customer service to donors and families by accepting all calls related to making donations, questions, or problems; meet with walk-in donors and families; make outgoing calls to donors & families as needed.
- Photocopy all Development correspondence and maintain filing system.
- Assist in Development Department Special Events.
- Perform other job related duties as requested by Administrative Coordinator of Development Dept.