Collaboratively working with the affiliate Director of Philanthropy, the Market Fundraising Support Associate provides comprehensive functional support for all fundraising activities initiated within the territory. Leverages Foundation-wide fundraising resources to effectively achieve market fundraising goals and that of the Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year comprehensive fundraising or complex office work experience
- Advanced working knowledge of a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office; Raiser’s Edge a plus
- CRM donor based software knowledge preferred
- Ability to interact with and communicate with high-level volunteers and donors
- Able to effectively direct and train volunteers
- Well-developed communication (written including editing, and verbal) skills and personal relations skills
- Intermittent Driver - Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Self-initiating and able to work independently while demonstrating solid decision-making capabilities to meet the immediate and long-range needs of the market
- Ability to use sound judgment, creativity, and problem solving skills in order to meet fundraising needs of the market
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle stress of multiple priorities
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Provides fundraising support to Director of Philanthropy for the affiliate market in the development of a comprehensive fundraising plan that is market specific.
- Supports Foundation team members in the development of unique fundraising strategies having application within the market and/or across the Foundation.
- Collaborates with Foundation marketing and Director of Philanthropy for the affiliate relating to collateral development, as needed, per related fundraising or communication activity.
- Responsible for market events from identifying, planning and production to include, but not limited to, donor research, soliciting sponsors/donors, engaging and training volunteers, entertaining guests, while ensuring quality of event outcome and guest experience.
- Collaborates and coordinates with Foundation team members to ensure prompt and appropriate follow-up of all requests or complaints from donors, patients, families, staff, and members of the public.
- Composes market correspondence and presentations to patient/families, donors, community leaders, volunteers, legislators and others to represent the Hospice in the best possible light.
- Provides input on annual budget preparation and allocation.
- Assists the Director of Philanthropy for the affiliate with the development of new programs, special projects and community activities of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.