Responsible for routine administrative support for the Human Resources and Education.
- Well-developed organizational skills; attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
- High school diploma required.
- College education preferred, but may substitute previous related work experience of 2 to 3 years administrative experience (human resources environment preferred).
- Intermediate working knowledge of a variety of software programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Experience working with databases and/or Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Learning Management Systems (LMS) preferred. Sharepoint skills invaluable.
- Must have valid driver's license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Able to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks under minimal direction.
- Ability to lead by example, adhering to the highest standards of professional work ethics and confidentiality
- Self-starter who completes assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills, including face-to-face, telephone, and computer skills.
- Must be able to interact successfully with internal and external customers, presenting a positive and professional image.
- Able to demonstrate strong ethical base related to mission, including confidentiality, sensitivity, and flexibility.
- Must satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position, including the ability to write with grammatical proficiency.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all state, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe Company health, safety and security practices.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provides routine administrative support for Human Resources department.
- Coordinates, schedules and sets up meetings; prepare agendas/meeting minutes and send group reminders.
- Manages mailings, duplication and dissemination of information.
- Prepares and process internal and external correspondence.
- Organizes, maintains and updates departmental files.
- Acts in accordance with Company and Department(s) standards in handling/resolving/ensuring customer services. All internal/external customer concerns/needs are resolved and handled in a timely and effective manner.
- Handles and administers sensitive documentation relating to subpoenas and releases on a deadline basis. Coordinates Payroll, Workers Compensation and HRIS information to complete these tasks.
- Anticipates the needs of and provides support for the functions of the departments
- Prepares and process spreadsheets and graphics to compile and tabulate data using multiple software programs.
- Coordinates functions, meetings/functions under the direction and in collaboration with Department(s) AVP, Directors, and Managers.
- Maintains department(s) manuals; assists with department electronic policy.
- Assists with retrieving documentation as needed for reports and audits
- Administers Company recognition programs.
- Prepares documents necessary for internal and external educational programs developed by HR Organizational Development.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Monitors/orders office supplies and certain HR services.
- Sets up and organize files.
- Makes arrangements for internal meetings and coordinate external seminars/conferences and reservations, schedules and handles follow up phone and email correspondence for Department AVP.
- Performs data entry with regard for data integrity; maintain department data base information.
- Assists with compiling reports.
- Performs special assignments, researching information utilizing applicable websites and report preparation.
- Provides phone backup; provide phone coverage when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.