The Community Liaison works in a hospital setting and is responsible for obtaining complete, accurate referral information including authorization of Home Health visits for managed care patients.
Essential Position Functions
- Obtain accurate information from referral source, patient/caregiver, physicians, discharge planning staff, hospital staff nurse and/or other hospital staff to complete the referral worksheet. Evaluate patient's appropriateness for Home Health services prior to accepting the referral. Communicate with clinical supervisor and/or Director of Nursing regarding any referral concerns or special circumstances such as IV therapy orders, same day visit request, skilled needs, homebound status and/or caregiver needs. Accept referral from referral source.
- Serve as a representative of HPH Home Health in daily contacts with medical personnel, patients and others. Ensure all communication to customers, both internal and external, is respectful, prompt, and comprehensive and that patient communication is based on age specific needs.
- Attend meetings including, but not limited to, staff meetings, in-services, clinical team meetings, educational classes, office meetings and/or agency meeting.
- Educate physicians and their office personnel on Home Health, regulations and services.
Values: All Community Liaisons are expected:
- Continuously develop their skills and knowledge, either through CEU programs, readings, conferences, departmental training programs or some combination of these.
- Develop and display a clear customer service focus at all times.
- View their work as part of the larger HPH Home Health system, and strive to improve their performance in concert with, rather than in competition with, their co-workers and other HPH Home Health employees.
- Be conscious of the resources they use in completing their work and to strive to use these resources as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Other duties as required.
- Registered Nurse with Florida license; BSN preferred.
- Two-three years of med/surg experience required
- Home Health experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, both internal and external
- Able to develop a Home Health plan of care for medical, surgical, psychiatric and
- rehabilitative services
- Knowledge of Home Health reimbursement
- Able to function independently, make decisions, problem solve and utilize resources as necessary
- Customer Service Orientation — Listening and understanding the customer (both internal and external) and anticipating and evaluating the customer's needs; making the customer's satisfaction a high priority in all areas of responsibility.
- Judgment — Deciding on and committing to an action on the examination of the facts at hand; finding creative solutions to situations and opportunities that arise; taking strategic risks when necessary.
- Teamwork — Supporting, facilitating, and participating in activities that promote team effectiveness; demonstrating sensitivity for the feelings and needs of team members and supporting team goals.
- Concern for Detail — Pays attention to every portion of any task, down to the smallest item.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and is able to work with a flexible work schedule.
Typical Physical Requirements
- Hospital-based: standing or walking 75% of the time; able to walk 400 yards without resting; sedentary 25% of the time.
- Some travel to off-site meetings.
- Stooping, sitting, standing walking and stretching
- Move and/or Lift 25> pounds.
- Coping with demands (stresses) that are associated with the job and/or the work environments so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution can be maintained.