This position is responsible for managing revenue day to day aspects of patient accounts operations ensuring provision of the highest degree of accounts receivable cycle management. This includes assessing and implementing short and long term goals to ensure efficient functioning and internal and external satisfaction. Develop, implement and ensure policies and procedures are accurately followed in adherence to all aspects of state, local and federal Billing Compliance regulations. Manage, coordinate and evaluate performances of all office function areas and initiate all corrective plans and action to improve performance deliverables and or resolve issues as they arise. Interact with management team and payers to ensure service goals are achieved and/or issues are being timely and appropriately addressed.
- Minimum five (5) years of related supervisory hospice and home health billing and collections experience required, preferably in a consolidated business office environment. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Strong management skills including motivating and mentoring people at all levels, training, establishing departmental policies and procedures and managing human resource issues of staff supervised.
- Ability to manage in a fast pace environment, remaining proactive, detailed oriented, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Customer service skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, ability to work with a team, critical thinking, organizational skills, and knowledge of regulatory requirements appropriate for the position.
- Demonstrated expertise of Home Health, Hospice and physician third party billing and regulations required; knowledge of state and federal billing regulations.
- Strong computer skills with excel, word, power point and data base management.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess excellent analytical skills.
- Valid drivers' license and automobile insurance.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Directs daily activities of direct reports and communicates organizational information, goals and policies.
- Provides leadership to direct reports. Serves as an advocate for employees by eliminating barriers, assisting employees in their personal development and acts as a liaison between Patient Accounting and other departments.
- Interact with other department managers to improve processes/procedures from both an operational and billing perspective with the primary objectives of accurate billing, reimbursement maximization, and increasing cash flow.
- Remains current in Billing Compliance and state and federal collection regulations.
- Initiates Administrative Adjustment Request Form (AARF) when applicable and oversees process to ensure accuracy of patients account.
- Ensures that departmental policy and procedures are followed.
- Participates in meetings and committees as required and attends training programs to include in-service lectures and seminars as requested.
- Maintain relationships with major payers to establish mutually acceptable procedures to resolve reimbursement issues.
- Participates in month end close process.
- Create, compile, analyze and present A/R performance metrics to Director of Patient Accounts.
- Maximizing and or identifying new technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and or automation and implement new procedures.
- Participates in annual budget projections and monitors department's monthly budget.
- Monitors monthly department budget to assure compliance within the scope of the budget for the Patient Accounts Receivable Department.
- Responsible for special projects and all other duties as assigned.