The Medical Services’ Department Secretary is responsible for supporting the administrative and management functions of the AVP-Medical Services and the Medical Services Practice Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree preferred
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in administrative support and office management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert working knowledge of a variety of software including word processing, spreadsheet calculation, and presentation programs
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work independently, exercising a moderate discretion and sound judgment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously effectively and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with staff, Physicians, and the general public with empathy, sincerity, and a sense of caring
- Ability to maintain stability of performance under pressure
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) preferred
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support the company’s research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports; collects and aggregates data; utilizes appropriate statistical tools and reporting format for decision support.
- Works cohesively with HIM Technician ensuring Hospital Medical Records are obtained timely and uploaded in to Practice Management System, completes Patient registration, and creates referrals for insurance verification and authorizations.
- Provides coverage to Medical Services Centralized Scheduling and Credentialing.
- Anticipates the needs of and provides administrative support to the department and assigned staff.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, handling phone calls, calendars, records, meetings and minutes. Composes, reviews/edits and distributes correspondence, announcements, memoranda, and PowerPoint presentations to include multiple graphic materials utilizing a variety of resources.
- Processes invoices and expense reports, assigning correct budget accounts for the various expenses.
- Orders, maintains, and distributes all office supplies for the Medical Services Department ensuring budget requirements are not exceeded.
- Performs other duties as assigned.