As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape. We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
The Senior Financial Analyst - Decision Support is responsible for supporting Hospice, Palliative Care and Home Care operations and supports clinical leadership and executives in financial and operational analysis. The key components are updating month end dashboards, productivity reporting and creating the annual budget.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years in Finance, Accounting and/or Budget/Decision Support; preferably in a multi-entity setting
- Minimum 2 years of Healthcare finance experience preferred.
- Proficient in the advance use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and complex financial systems and platforms such as financial general ledger and budget tools.
- Must have strong customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, ability to work with a team, critical thinking, organizational skills and knowledge of competency in finance and ad hoc analysis.
- Excel proficiency, functions, pivot tables and data manipulation required.
- Proficient in time management with the ability to prioritize a variety of duties.
- Assists in build and/or continual improvement of budget and decision support systems.
- Assists in the implementation of the annual operating and capital budge, including staffing grid analysis, productivity, variable expense budgeting, and fixed expense budgeting within departments.
- Prepares detailed forecasts and analyses to ensure budget submissions are reasonable and in compliance with Management’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of both budget and decision support systems.
- Responsible for the preparation of business unit dashboards and related analysis.
- Responsible for business unit month end financial reporting.
- Assists in the preparation of external reports for regulatory agencies in a timely manner such as NHPCO, AHCA and the State of Florida
- Analyzes and interprets financial data to produce required reports.
- Produces detailed financial reports in a comprehensible form to an audience with limited financial/accounting background to assist in their decision making processes.
- Prepares variance analyses and completes other special projects as requested.
- Collaborates with Information Technology and Finance department to automate and enhance financial reporting. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.